Martin S. Greenberg, DDS, FDS RCS
Department of Oral Medicine
Associate Dean for Hospital and Extramural Affairs
- B.A. Hofstra University
- D.D.S. Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery
- Residency, General Dentistry, Queen’s Hospital Center, Jamaica, N.Y.
- Cert. Oral Medicine and Clinical Investigation, University of Pennsylvania
- Senior editor and co-author of Burket’s textbook of Oral Medicine
- Editor of the Oral Medicine section of the Journal of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, and Oral Pathology
- Winner of the Samuel Charles Miller Award for contributions to the field of Oral Medicine
- Recent past president of the American Board of Oral Medicine
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU)
- Recipient of the Lindback Award, 1973
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
His present major clinical interests include the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa and the management of facial pain syndromes and temporomandibular joint disorders. Dr. Greenberg’s research studies have contributed to the understanding of the clinical manifestations of recurring herpes virus infections and the relationship between oral bacteria and serious life threatening infections in patients whose immune system is suppressed by disease, transplantation drugs or cancer chemotherapy.
Search PubMed for Articles »