Evans Building Centennial Renaissance »
Evans Building Lower Concourse
Lower Concourse: Student Spaces, High-Tech Labs
Through the Centennial Renaissance project, the Lower Concourse of the Evans Building has been transformed to become an area completely focused on student instruction and support. This level includes:
- Simulation Clinic. A new state-of-the-art simulation clinic, which opened in August 2016, features fixed benches with 90 high-tech student workstations. Each workstation has a retractable simulation unit, fully outfitted with dental equipment and designed to replicate the spatial dynamics of a clinical setting to reinforce correct positioning and posture. Each space also has a computer monitor for instructional videos and streaming of live demonstrations. This space and its technology will also be used for hands-on continuing education programs.
- Classroom/Study Spaces. New seminar rooms and small group study spaces opened January 2017.
- Student Lounge & Lockers/Shower Room. A new and improved student lounge provides an area for students to relax and visit and there are lockers and shower rooms as well.
- Offices. The Office of Student Life and Academic Affairs has its new home in the Lower Concourse, providing easy accessibility to students for support services.
- William W.M. Cheung Auditorium. This complementary project to the Evans Building Centennial Renaissance project is a renovation of the former B-60 auditorium. Take a Seat »