CE Credits: 1.75 Hour(s)
Intended Audience: Dentists, Specialists, Expanded Function Dental Assistants, Dental Hygienists, Dental Students
Date Course Online: August 1, 2020
Last Revision Date: N/A
Course Expiration Date: August 1, 2021
Cost: FREE to view (does not include continuing education credits); Registration is still required.
To receive continuing education credits:
Penn Dental Medicine Alumni, $32.00
Register: Click Here »
Favorable wound healing has always been a major quest in dental and medical surgery. It is a concern in healthy as well as compromised patients. In an effort to improve and accelerate healing of both hard and soft tissues, substitutes including growth factors, biomaterials and membranes have been traditionally used. Recent research clearly indicates that L-PRF (Leukocyte -Platelet Rich Fibrin) significantly enhances wound healing in both soft and hard tissues. Evidence now supports the assertion that this has the potential to replace the above-mentioned substitutes in many situations.
- Understand the science-based evidence for the different applications of L-PRF
- Prepare and utilize L-PRF according to specific guidelines to achieve predictable results.
- Select the adequate combination when using different biomaterials with L-PRF.
Prof. Dr. Nelson R. Pinto
Department of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry
Faculty of Dentistry
University of the Andes, Santiago, Chile
- Founder and Chairman of the Research Center for Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering, Concepcion, Chile
- Leading expert on clinical applications of L-PRF in soft & hard tissue regeneration and wound healing.
- Active Private Practice specializing in advance Implant Dentistry.
- National and International Lecturer in Implant Dentistry and Tissue Regeneration ( + 400 conferences & courses )
- Several Awards in Clinical Oral Research Presentations.
- Developer of the Natural Guided Regeneration-Therapy for Chronic Wounds management with L-PRF.
- Best Oral Research Presentation: 4th Congress of the World Union of Wound Healing Societies Yokohama, Japan. September 2- 6 – 2012.
- JWC-WUWHS AWARD 2016, Best Contribution to Clinical Research on Wound Healing- years 2012 to 2016. 5th Congress of World Union of Wound Healing Societies. September 25 – 29, 2016. Florence, Italy
- “Punyaarjan Humanitarian Service Award- 2018”. The Punyaarjan foundation has officially established this award to honor national/international professionals who does out-standing services to change the lives of needy people in the society. The foundation would like to honor Dr. Pinto’s dedication, devotion and professional work done so far in the Chronic Wound Healing area and helping many patients in changing their lives ….
Refund, Substitution and Cancellation Policy
Virtual attendance: No refunds will be issued.
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine designates this activity for 1.75 continuing education credits.