“*CLICK HERE TO REGISTER*”:http://www.alumni.upenn.edu/panchal
*Dr. Neeraj Panchal*
_Instructor, Dept. of Oral Surgery/Pharmacology, Penn Dental Medicine_
Dr. Neeraj Panchal received his Bachelors Degree from the University of California Los Angeles and his Masters Degree in Education from Teachers College of Columbia University. Educated in the European tradition of craniomaxillofacial surgery, he holds both a Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the University of Texas Southwestern and a Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) from Columbia University College of Dental Medicine. Following his education, he completed an internship in General Surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, known globally as one of the most prestigious training programs in oral and maxillofacial surgery. In addition to seeing patients with general facial and oral surgical concerns, Dr. Panchal’s additional clinical interest include orthognathic surgery, obstructive sleep apnea surgery, bone grafting, dental implant surgery, head and neck pathology, reconstruction, craniofacial trauma and temporomandibular joint surgery. Dr. Panchal sees patients at Penn Presbyterian Hospital, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and Philadelphia VA Medical Center.
h3. Course Description
*Update on Management of Trigeminal Nerve Injuries*
An update on the latest recommendations for the avoidance and management of nerve injuries related to local anesthesia, extractions and dental implantology.
1. Understand the basics of trigeminal nerve physiology and anatomy
2. Review the literature on local anesthesia and trigeminal nerve injuries
3. Provide tips and tricks to avoid trigeminal nerve injuries with dental extractions
4. Remind practitioners on the important anatomy of the trigeminal nerve in relation to dental implantology
5. Update on the newest trends in the management of trigeminal nerve injury