Penn Dental Medicine participates in the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS), a centralized application service sponsored by the American Dental Education Association (ADEA). The AADSAS application must be completed via the ADEA web site, www.adea.org. For more information regarding this application, contact: ADEA / AADSAS, P.O. Box 9110, Watertown, MA 02471, e-mail: email@example.com, or phone: 617-612-2045 (applicant inquiries only).
Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
Note: Due to the large number of applicants (2,181 for the class entering August 2018), it is highly recommended that candidates apply well in advance of the December 1 deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The majority of the PDM applicant pool (80%) submit applications by September 1. Decisions to review late applications are at the discretion of the Admissions Selection Committee. All application materials and documents become the property of Penn School of Dental Medicine and will not be returned to the applicant.
The following documents must be submitted along with the AADSAS application to the application service:
- Dental Admission Test (DAT) Scores — Applicants must submit DAT scores by the December 1 deadline. Scores reported through ADEA AADSAS are considered official. Scores from tests taken in 2015 and earlier will not be considered. For test sites and schedule, contact: ADA Department of Testing Services, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60611, 800-232-1694.
- Letters of Evaluation — A minimum of two letters from professors or a committee letter prepared by the school’s prehealth advisor and/or a committee familiar with the applicant’s academic abilities is required. Penn Dental Medicine does not require letters from science faculty, unless you are a science major. Letters should be on letterhead and include a signature and title. Please refer to the AADSAS application instructions for submitting letters of evaluation. Although it is preferred that all letters be sent directly to AADSAS, letters sent directly to Penn Dental Medicine’s Office of Admissions will also be accepted.
- Official Transcripts — All applicants must submit official transcripts to the AADSASapplication service for verification. AADSAS applications will not be processed and sent to the individual schools until transcripts are received and verified. The Penn Dental Medicine Admissions Office requires official transcripts only from candidates who have been invited to interview. Please do not forward transcripts to the Penn Dental Medicine Admissions Office until notified to do so.
It is recommended that applicants submit the Penn Dental Supplemental Application and application fee as soon as possible after submitting the AADSAS Application. In addition to the AADSAS application, applicants are required to complete and submit the following documents to Penn Dental Medicine for consideration.
- Supplemental Application for Admission Download PDF. The Supplemental Application should be submitted directly to the Penn Dental Medicine Office of Admissions as early as possible via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail delivery service to the Office of Student Admissions.
- Application Fee -The $60 non-refundable application fee should be submitted directly to the Penn Dental Medicine Office of Student Admissions. Electronic payment is available by completing the Payment Form. No application fee waivers are available. It is recommended that the application fee and the supplemental application are submitted at the same time well in advance of the application deadline.