Center for Integrative Global Oral Health
Oral diseases such as caries, periodontal disease, oral cancer and craniofacial deformity are among the world’s most prevalent, preventable and/or treatable non-communicable diseases. The failure to address poor oral health has ramifications for an individual’s quality of life and function as well as for society’s ability to advance general well-being. The Center for Integrative Global Oral Health (CIGOH) seeks creative solutions to address unmet oral health needs by:
- Providing critical infrastructure and critical mass of thought leaders to discuss develop and test effective interventions to improve outcomes for issues of prevention and equitable access to affordable care locally, nationally and internationally
- Offering world class education to dental and graduate students to increase the number of innovative, culturally sensitive health providers and leaders
- Conducting groundbreaking research in topics of integrative oral health including implementation science, disease prevention, novel care delivery systems and cost reduction
- Training dental and graduate students in methodologies of advocacy for better healthcare and social determinants of health.
- Promoting oral health literacy and improved care locally, globally and nationally
The Cochrane Oral Health Collaborating Center is also based within CIGOH.