Associate Professor of Restorative Dentistry
Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs
My scientific research is currently focused on the development of adhesive dental materials and techniques in clinical dentistry. I am particularly interested and involved in the following topics:
• Develop a more biologically stable adhesive – dentin interface.
• Determine how the bacteria affect dentin bonding/dental composite attachment to the dentinal surface in vivo.
• Analyze ultrastructural characterization of tooth-adhesive resin interfaces prepared with focused ion beams.
• Determine the contribution of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) to enzymatic degradation at resin/dentin interfaces.
• Investigate bond strength values of new developed self adhesive resin luting cements to different material surfaces such as composite resin, different ceramic materials including zirconia and metals.