Application Requirements and Procedures
The application form will become available by early December. Admissions materials and documents must be submitted by March 12. All application materials and documents become property of Penn Dental Medicine and will not be returned to the applicant.
MOHS Program Application – All applicants must submit an application through the CollegeNet Application — click here service by March 12 for the class entering July 1.
Application Fee – The non-refundable application fee is $80. Payment can be made through the CollegeNet application service.
Letters of Evaluation — Two letters from professors or a committee letter prepared by the school’s prehealth advisor and/or a committee familiar with the applicant’s academic abilities is required. Letters should be on letterhead and include a signature and title and submitted through the CollegeNet application service.
DAT Scores – Not required but may be self-reported on the CollegeNet Application and are not used for admission consideration.
Unofficial transcripts from Undergraduate Institutions – Unofficial transcripts must be submitted from all undergraduate colleges/universities attended. Transcripts can be uploaded to the CollegeNet application.
BS/BA degree from an Accredited College/University – All course work must be completed by matriculation on July 1. In addition to a BS/BA degree, all applicants must complete the following courses by matriculation on July 1:
- Biology – Two semesters /three quarters of biology with corresponding lab.
- Chemistry – Three semesters/five quarters with corresponding lab in either combination of: two semesters/three quarters of general/inorganic chemistry and one semester/two quarters of organic chemistry or two semesters/three quarters of organic chemistry and one semester/two quarters of general/inorganic chemistry.
- Biochemistry – One semester/one quarter; no lab is required.
- Physics – Two semesters/three quarters with corresponding lab, covering the basic principles of classical physics.
- Mathematics – One semester/two quarters. Acceptable courses: calculus (preferred), statistics or any college-level math course.
- English – two semesters /three quarters. Acceptable courses: speech, composition, literature, humanities courses, freshman writing seminars, technical and business writing, and other writing intensive courses used to meet your school’s writing requirement. Courses may be taken outside of the English department.
The MOHS Admissions Selection Committee will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We recommend that applicants submit completed applications with all documents well in advance of the March 12 deadline for interview consideration. Up to 10 candidates will be invited for a presentation of the MOHS program with the Director of the MOHS program, a virtual interview with members of the MOHS Admissions Committee, and a virtual tour of the Penn Dental Medicine facilities. Interviews will begin in March and final decisions will be communicated in April. All admitted candidates with be notified by email. Financial aid information will be available for qualified students.
Admitted candidates must submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $600, which can be paid through the Penn Dental Medicine online acceptance deposit system. All enrollment deposits will be credited toward the first semester tuition payment. All admitted students will be required to undergo four criminal background checks in order to participate in clinical rotations as part of the curriculum.
For questions regarding the application process and procedures contact:
Office of Student Admissions
Penn Dental Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
240 South 40th Street, Room 122
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6030