Application Requirements and Procedures
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year will be accepted between September 1, 2021 and April 8, 2022.
All application materials and documents become property of Penn Dental Medicine and will not be returned to the applicant.
MOHS Program Application – All applicants must submit an application through the CollegeNet Application — click here service by April 8, 2022 for the class entering August 2022.
Application Fee – The non-refundable application fee is $80. Payment can be made through the CollegeNet application service.
Letters of Evaluation — Two letters from professors or a committee letter prepared by the school’s prehealth advisor and/or a committee familiar with the applicant’s academic abilities is required. Letters should be on letterhead and include a signature and title and submitted through the CollegeNet application service.
DAT Scores – Not required but may be self-reported on the CollegeNet Application and are not used for admission consideration.
Unofficial transcripts from Undergraduate Institutions – Unofficial transcripts must be submitted from all undergraduate colleges/universities attended. Transcripts can be uploaded to the CollegeNet application.
BS/BA degree from an Accredited College/University – All course work must be completed by matriculation on August 1. In addition to a BS/BA degree, all applicants must complete the following courses by matriculation on August 1:
- Biology – Two semesters /three quarters of biology with corresponding lab.
- Chemistry – Three semesters/five quarters with corresponding lab in either combination of: two semesters/three quarters of general/inorganic chemistry and one semester/two quarters of organic chemistry or two semesters/three quarters of organic chemistry and one semester/two quarters of general/inorganic chemistry.
- Biochemistry – One semester/one quarter; no lab is required.
- Physics – Two semesters/three quarters with corresponding lab, covering the basic principles of classical physics.
- Mathematics – One semester/two quarters. Acceptable courses: calculus (preferred), statistics or any college-level math course.
- English – two semesters /three quarters. Acceptable courses: speech, composition, literature, humanities courses, freshman writing seminars, technical and business writing, and other writing intensive courses used to meet your school’s writing requirement. Courses may be taken outside of the English department.
The MOHS Admissions Selection Committee will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We recommend that applicants submit completed applications with all documents well in advance of the April 8 deadline for interview consideration. Interviews will begin in March and final decisions will be communicated in early May. A class size of approximately up to six students is anticipated for the class entering August 2022. All admitted candidates with be notified by email. Financial aid information will be available for qualified students.
Admitted candidates must submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit which can be paid through the Penn Dental Medicine online acceptance deposit system. All enrollment deposits will be credited toward the first semester tuition payment. All admitted students will be required to undergo four criminal background checks in order to participate in clinical rotations as part of the curriculum.
For questions regarding the application process and procedures contact:
Office of Student Admissions
Penn Dental Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
240 South 40th Street, Room 122
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6030