Dr. Mante’s current research effort involves development of a new resin based endodontic retrograde filling material, strategies for reducing friction in orthodontic appliances and the development of superior appliances that facilitate the movement of teeth during treatment. Additionally, he also researches improvement of fracture toughness of dental composites and is investigating the use of liquid rubbers as toughening agents for dental composites.
Honors / Credentials
- Walter Joyce Fellow, Marquette University, 1984-87
- University Fellow, Northwestern University, 1988-90
- Fellow, American Society of Osseointegration, Philadelphia, PA, 1992
- Faculty Fellow, Dubois College House, University of Pennsylvania, 1992-94
- Burton C. Borgelt/SCADA Faculty Advisor Award, Student Clinicians-American Dental Association, 2005-2006″