Dr. Michael Glick is Executive Director of the Center for Integrative Global Oral Health and Professor of Clinical Restorative Dentistry at Penn Dental Medicine.
From 2009-2015, Dr. Glick served as Dean of the University at Buffalo, SUNY, School of Dental Medicine where he remained as Professor of Oral Diagnostic Sciences before coming to Penn Dental Medicine in 2021. Prior to his time at Buffalo, he was Professor of Oral Medicine at Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health, A.T. Still University, also holding the post of Associate Dean of Oral-Medical Sciences at the University’s School of Osteopathic Medicine. While at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey from 2001 to 2007, Dr. Glick served as Chairman of the Department of Diagnostic Sciences and as Director of both the Division of Oral Medicine and the Postgraduate Training Program in Oral Medicine.
This position with Penn Dental Medicine is Dr. Glick’s second faculty appointment at the School, previously serving from 1994 to 2001 on the Oral Medicine faculty. During that time, he also directed the School’s programs for medically complex patients and infectious diseases.
A widely published and highly respected lecturer, Dr. Glick served as Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of the American Dental Association from 2005 to 2020. In the global arena, Dr. Glick has been active with the FDI World Dental Federation since 2007, serving on multiple committees, including co-chairing the Task Team Vision 2030. He also had a leading role in establishing FDI’s Vision 2020 and most recently was the primary author of its Vision 2030, giving guidance for a global interdisciplinary and integrative role for oral health.
- Samuel Charles Miller Award, American Academy of Oral Medicine, 2012
- William J. Gies Foundation Editorial Award (1st Place), 2019, 2011, 2012, 2015
- Certificate of Appreciation, General Assembly, FDI World Dental Federation, 2012
- 16th Annual Dr. James J. Crawford Award, Lifetime Achievement Award,
Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP), 2013
- Dr. James J. Crawford Inaugural Lecture, American Dental Association, 2013
- Doctor Honoris Causa, Universitatea de Medicină Şi Farmacie “Carola Davila”,
Facultatea Medicină, Bucharest, Romania, 2017
- International College of Dentists, Leadership Article Award, 2017
- Rhys B. Jones Memorial Keynote Address, Midwest Dental Public Health
- Edward Leo Sheridan Medal, Royal College of Surgeon in Ireland, 2018
- ADEA Gies Editorial Award (1st Place), 2018
- “Outstanding Contribution to the Dental Profession” Award, Sibar Institute, India, 2019
- AAMS Collaboration Cures Award for Lifetime Achievement in Advancing
Medicine via Collaboration, 2019
- Distinguished Dental Editor Award, American Association of Dental Editors &
Journalists and ADA Council on Communications, 2020