Dr. Quinn is the Schoenleber Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery/Pharmacology at Penn Dental Medicine. Dr. Quinn served as Chair of the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery/Pharmacology at Penn Dental Medicine from 1986 to 2008. His primary research interests are in the alloplastic reconstruction of the temporomandibular joint and vascular malformations of the maxillofacial skeleton maxillofacial skeleton. He was a principal investigator in a ten-year clinical trial for the development of the only FDA-approved stock prosthesis for reconstruction of the temporomandibular joint. Dr. Quinn has completed a surgical atlas for temporomandibular joint surgery, which has been published by Elsevier.
Honors / Credentials
- Osbon Award for an Outstanding Educator, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (2011)
- President, American Society of TMJ Surgeons (2009-2011)
- Alfred Stengel Health System Champion Award—University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2000)
- Lindback Award for teaching—University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine (1994)
- Earl Banks Hoyt Award—Excellence in Teaching Award—Junior Faculty Member, University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine (1986)
- Board Certification—American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (1984)