Dr. Ya-Hsin Yu is an Instructor and Director of the Endodontic Clinic. She earned her dental degree from China Medical University, Taiwan. After practicing for a few years as a general dentist in Taiwan, Dr. Yu decided to pursue endodontic specialty training. She enrolled in an endodontic program at Taipei Veteran General Hospital until 2015. Dr. Yu then obtained her postgraduate endodontic certificate, master’s degree, and DMD degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Her research interests are focused on TMJ/endodontic pain and the outcome of endodontic-related surgery. Dr. Yu teaches both predoctoral students and postdoctoral residents in endodontic clinic, seminars, and literature reviews. Now, she is a full-time faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania and has lectured at national and international conferences. Dr. Yu is also a board-certified endodontist and a reviewer for the Journal of Endodontics.
HONORS / CREDENTIALS
- Director, Endodontic Clinic, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2021 – present
- Practicing Endodontist, Penn Dental Family Practice, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2021 – present
- Scientific Advisory Board, Journal of Endodontics, 2021 – present
- Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics, 2019
- Instructor of Endodontics, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2018 – Present
- Microendodontic and Endodontic Microsurgery Instructor, 2018