A Message from Interim Dean Graves

A Message from Interim Dean Graves

As my time as Interim Dean of Penn Dental Medicine is drawing to a close, I wanted to express my thanks to the members of Penn Dental Medicine community for their support during this period and for their ongoing commitment to the School and our mission. It has been an honor and pleasure to serve in this leadership role and to work with all of them in advancing our goal of excellence in education, research, and patient care.

Penn Dental Medicine continues to excel thanks to their hard work and dedication. Over the past six months, the role of Interim Dean has given me the opportunity to work with faculty, students, and staff in new ways and to gain a deeper appreciation for the unique talents and contributions from within the entire Penn Dental Medicine community. The strength and success of this great School is indeed a direct reflection of all of them.

This has been a time of transition on a number of levels, perhaps most profoundly, as we have continued to witness the evolution of our facilities. From the opening of the Schattner Clinic in January, to the opening of the Schattner Pavilion today, these new spaces culminate the significant work over the past three years that has transformed the School’s Evans Building throughout. I thank faculty, staff, and student for their patience through the completion of these important building projects, which have enabled us to create an environment for optimal education and patient care.

Next week, Dr. Mark Wolff will be joining us as our next Morton Amsterdam Dean. I know he is eager to join and engage with the Penn Dental Medicine community, and he will be devoting his first day with us to visiting throughout the School.

Again, thank you to the Penn Dental Medicine community for your support during my time as Interim Dean. It is an exciting time to be part of Penn Dental Medicine, and I look forward to working with Dr. Wolff as he takes on his leadership post.

Dana T. Graves, DDS, DMSc
Interim Dean