Improve qualifications for admission to dental schools
Enhance your preparation to apply to a DMD/DDS program and/or pursue other health sciences related through our Master of Oral Health Sciences (MOHS). This advanced degree will give college graduates added preparation and guidance to more effectively compete for dental school admissions and/or enhance their qualifications for advancement in other health sciences related careers. The unique program is specifically designed for college graduates with a BS or BA degree who seek to apply to dental schools and desire to demonstrate academic potential through additional graduate level education to support that process.
The goal of the MOHS program is to improve qualifications for admission to dental schools and/or other health sciences related careers by enhancing academic knowledge in basic and clinical sciences, gaining exposure to clinical dental care, improving communication skills, and providing mentoring for the application process and Dental Admission Test (DAT).
Candidates for the MOHS program for college graduates must have completed all coursework for their undergraduate degrees. They may have previously applied to dental school or any other health profession program and seek to strengthen their preparation.
The 12-Month (August-July) program and curriculum offer:
- Coursework adapted from the first and second years of the dental school curriculum.
- Mentoring for the application process.
- Guidance and tutorials in DAT test preparation.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the art and science of dental practice and patient relations, culminating in a capstone project.
- Direct exposure to patient care through rotations within both our general dentistry and state-of-the-art specialty care centers.
Financial aid resources are available to qualified students.
Sinem Esra Sahingur, DDS, MS, PhD
Sunday Akintoye, BDS, DDS, MS
For information about the applications/admissions, please contact:
For general information about the programs, please contact: