Applicants to the Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology Fellowship are expected to have a strong background in the biological and health sciences. Applicants must have a DDS/DMD degree or an equivalent foreign degree. Advanced dental education in a GPR or dental specialty is recommended.
Applying to the Program
Application Deadline: July 1 (of the year in which the Fellowship will begin)
Fellowship applicants must submit the following information to be considered for the program:
- Copy of dental school transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation. Please Note: The recommendations must be sent directly from the evaluators.
- A completed application. Interested candidates should request an official Fellowship application from: Hazel Dean, Administrative Coordinator, Department of Oral Medicine, email@example.com, 215-898-6627.
- International students interested in the Fellowship should contact Hazel Dean, Administrative Coordinator, Department of Oral Medicine, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-898-6627, for more information.
All of the above materials should be sent to: Hazel Dean, Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology Fellowship, Department of Oral Medicine, Penn Dental Medicine, 240 S. 40th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6030.
Program Completion Requirements
For satisfactory completion of the Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology Fellowship, candidates must:
- Complete attendance requirements of the program.
- Demonstrate didactic and clinical knowledge in oral & maxillofacial radiology as determined by the director and attending faculty in the Division of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology.
- Achieve a minimum grade of 80% on a comprehensive written, oral and slide-based examination at the conclusion of the program.
Upon satisfactory completion of all of the requirements, a Certificate of Completion will be awarded to the candidate by the Department of Oral Medicine, Penn Dental Medicine.
The annual general fee for the Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology Fellowship is $37,500.
Department of Oral Medicine
Penn Dental Medicine
240 S. 40th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6030