Dr. Sabir is an Instructor in the Department of Periodontics at Penn Dental Medicine. After earning her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree overseas, she moved to the United States to pursue her postgraduate training. She obtained her first specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology at Rutgers University. Continuing her educational pursuit, she joined the University of Pennsylvania, where she achieved certification in both fields of Periodontics, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
Dr. Sabir possesses a unique combination of three specialties. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and pursuing board certification in Periodontics. Her research interests include topics investigating the correlation of the three disciplines; Periodontics, Orthodontics, and Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology such as the periodontal changes associated with orthodontic tooth movement and the benefits of orthodontic treatment to correct periodontal problems.
Aside from her passion for teaching and practicing, Dr. Sabir enjoys art, cooking, reading, and staying active.
Honors / Credentials
- Member of the Academy of Osseointergration (AO)
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Member of the Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists (MASO)
- Member of the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- Member of the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology (AAOMR)
- Member of the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, Saudi Dental Society (SDS)