Dr. Yu Wang is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and an Assistant Professor of Clinical Periodontics at Penn Dental Medicine. She teaches in clinical and didactic settings at both predoctoral and postdoctoral levels while devoting time to multiple research projects.
After receiving her D.D.S. from Taipei Medical University (Taiwan) in 2009, Dr. Wang continued her training and research at National Yang-Ming University (Taiwan) and earned an M.D.S. degree in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2011. After a few years of practicing in Taiwan, she decided to move to the United States. She then continued her career in dentistry by completing another M.S. and Certificate in Periodontology at the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and a D.M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Wang is currently conducting research in the field of regenerative dentistry, oral microbiology, and periodontology. She has published peer-reviewed articles on both basic science and clinical research and also served as a reviewer for journals. Due to her commitment to teaching and academia, Dr. Wang received the Dr. D. Walter Cohen Teaching Award in 2017 and Educator Award in 2018 from the American Academy of Periodontology.
Honors / Credentials
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Periodontics, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2021 – Present
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology, 2018 – Present
- Educator Award, American Academy of Periodontology, 2018
- Reviewer, Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research, 2018 – Present
- Instructor of Periodontics, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2017 – 2021
- Dr. D. Walter Cohen Teaching Award, American Academy Periodontology Foundation, 2017
- The Melvin L. Morris Periodontal Research Fellowship Award, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, 2017
- 1st place award of the Birnberg Research Symposium, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, 2017
- The Kenneth L. Siegel Scholarship Award in Postdoctoral Periodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, 2016